What testing information do I need to know for my upcoming cruise?
- Pre-cruise testing is no longer required for vaccinated guests
Can I sail without a COVID-19 vaccine?
- It is highly recommended that guests are fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible) at time of sailing.
What testing information do I need to know for my upcoming cruise?
- Unvaccinated guests aged 5 years and over must provide results of a negative, medically supervised or self-test taken within three days of embarkation. Additional testing and vaccine requirements apply to voyages sailing in Greece, and certain enhanced itineraries such as ocean-crossings and voyages that include exotic or remote ports.
Seabourn Health & Safety FAQs
What types of COVID-19 tests are accepted?
For all voyages: Guests must be tested with a medically observed SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT).
Is a self-test acceptable?
Vaccinated guests may use a medically observed self-test that meets the following criteria: Only medically observed self-tests will be accepted. *Protocols for cruises from Barbados or St. Maarten differ.
The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Please note, antigen tests are accepted for fully vaccinated guests, but not for unvaccinated guests.
The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
The telehealth provider must confirm the person’s identity, observe the specimen collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
Do I have to be vaccinated?
All guests 12 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated on all Seabourn cruises. Children under 5 years of age do not need to be vaccinated. Children between 5-11 years of age may be unvaccinated but will need to go through an exemption process and may be subject to additional testing, fees and protocols. Exemptions will be very limited on all cruises.
Can children sail if not vaccinated?
Children under 5 years of age do not need to be vaccinated. Children between 5-11 years of age may be unvaccinated but will need to go through an exemption process and may be subject to additional testing, fees and protocols. Seabourn operates fully vaccinated cruises that meet the U.S. CDC requirement for sailing and exemptions will be very limited.
What is considered Fully Vaccinated?
For an individual to be considered fully vaccinated, at least 14 days must have passed after the administration of the last dose in their primary vaccine series. Some countries and regions also have a time limit on when the last dose was given or have a booster requirement to be considered fully vaccinated. The U.S. CDC recommends a booster 5 months after your mRNA COVID-19 vaccine series; other countries and regions allow for up to 9 months or vary. Following the CDC guidance is sufficient to be considered fully vaccinated in all ports we visit.
What vaccines are considered approved or acceptable?
We only accept vaccines that are approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA, or the World Health Organization, or the European Medicines Agency (EMA). Some countries and regions on the itinerary may only accept vaccines approved by their regulatory agencies.
- Pfizer: 2 Doses
- Moderna: 2 Doses
- Johnson & Johnson: 1 Dose
- AstraZeneca: 2 Doses
- Sinopharm: 2 doses
- Sinovac: 2 Doses
- Covazin: 2 Doses
- Novavax: 2 Doses
Are mixed vaccines types accepted?
In a two dose vaccine series, we accept mixed vaccines types only if at least 2 doses of an authorized vaccine were administered at least 28 days apart, with the last dose given at least 14 days before sailing.
Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine booster to be considered fully vaccinated?
COVID-19 vaccine boosters are strongly recommended for specific at-risk groups by the FDA and US CDC. However, at this time, booster doses are not required to embark. Guests who have received the full series of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of authorized vaccines and have received the last dose at least 14 days prior to the day of embarkation are considered fully vaccinated.
Do I need to wear a mask?
- Masks on board are recommended but not required indoors or outdoors*. We highly recommend guests wear a mask in the Grand Salon and other entertainment areas, casino, spa treatment rooms, youth activity centers and during any other congregate events.
- Masks may be required in terminals where local laws take priority.
- When going ashore guests must be prepared to follow all local guidance regarding masks and physical distancing. The status of local guidelines will be shared with guests prior to disembarkation at the destination.
- Health experts advise that guests use a higher-grade mask while indoors (such as KN95 or surgical masks) that have two or more layers, completely cover the nose and mouth, fit snugly against the side of the face and have a nose wire. Please note that visors and face shields will not be accepted as a substitute for a face mask. Seabourn will be providing complimentary surgical mask(s) on board with replacements available upon request.
*PLEASE NOTE: Masks are required on the ship indoors while in Greece. Face masks may be mandated based on different country protocols and other circumstances as applicable.
Can I visit the port independently?
The ability for guests to go ashore in ports of call is controlled by the governments of the ports we visit based on their individual COVID-19 protocols and requirements, which are quickly evolving and being updated. At this time, guests can explore other destinations on their own or on independent tours.
All ports allow Seabourn shore excursions. Some ports may also allow tours sold by port-authorized third-party operators or independent tours and exploration.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Cruise411 has the largest selection of cruise deals for all of the popular cruise lines! Book your next cruise today!
Get your choice of a FREE bonus offer when you book with Cruise411 instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits. Shop now to get the very best rewards and the lowest rates with Cruise411or call 800-553-7090.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.