Great news! Avalon Waterways is back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Avalon Waterways Health & Safety FAQs
Do I need a vaccine to travel on an Avalon Cruise?
All passengers must show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination to sail or proof of a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken no earlier than 72 hours before travel. Alternately, passengers can show proof that they have recovered from a confirmed case of COVID-19 within three months of travel.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 in the form of written documentation must include information that identifies the person and vaccination date(s) (official vaccination card or official electronic copy through a verified electronic ID).
- Booster shots may be required to keep your vaccination valid.
- Proof of full vaccination must show that official vaccination dose(s) were administered at least 14-days prior to the start of your vacation.
- According to the CDC, patients who have recovered from COVID-19 can continue to test positive up to 3 months after recovery even though they are no longer infectious. Therefore, vaccinated guests who have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 3 months are also required to bring documentation of recovery (original dated positive test result).
- All international travelers are fully vaccinated before joining our cruises.
For children who do not qualify for vaccination, one of the two forms of documentation are required to travel:
- Verifiable negative COVID-19 test result completed within 72 hours before the start of your first service purchased.
- Proof of recovery from COVID-19 in the last three months.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
You must wear a face covering that fully covers both your nose and mouth when physical distancing is not possible and/or as local regulations require. Your Tour Director will provide guidance as to current regulations and recommendations.
- This may include while traveling on board the motorcoach and while participating in certain excursions.
- All guests should carefully review pre-booking and pre-travel health advice on our website and the website of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Crew will be wearing masks for the duration of the cruise during any guest interaction
- Guest will be provided masks to wear during any event where social proximity could become an issue, including disembarkation for excursions and safety drills
Can I get off the ship at port?
It is more than likely that you will need a booked shore excursion to get off the ship once you arrive at port.
Our shore excursions include expedited entry into must-see attractions, which means no waiting in long, crowded queues of people. For moments when touch is necessary, hand sanitizers are at-the-ready throughout each ship and on our vehicles.
- Avalon will adjust the ratio of guides and coaches for excursions, as required, accounting for safe distances while in port.
- Guests must follow the health protocols for every port we visit
- Guides have extensive local knowledge to help enjoy your destination safely, including information on navigating your shore excursions with confidence, as well as a host of independent exploration options.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Every Cruise Line, Every Ship, Every Cabin at the Lowest Price ... guaranteed! Cruise411 has the largest selection of cruise deals for all of the popular cruise lines! Book your next cruise online or call us at 800-553-7090 today.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.