Great news! Azamara Cruises is back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Need to know information
Quick updated checklist of what you need prior to boarding
- Proof of vaccination (Booster required after March 1, 2022)
- Complete a health questionnaire
- Provide a negative SARS-CoV-2 test result
Azamara Health & Safety FAQ's
Do I need a vaccine to travel on an Azamara Cruise?
Azamara will require vaccine eligible guests to be fully vaccinated with all initial doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. As of March 1, 2022, all guests 5 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated.
- Guests must show proof of vaccination to sail
- Azamara will travel with Fully vaccinated crew
- Documentation of full vaccination must be provided at the terminal as a condition for boarding.
- Azamara will not accept any form of Certificate of Recovery.
What Vaccines are Accepted?
Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the European Medicines Agency (EU) are accepted.
- Please be aware that certain countries we sail from or visit during a voyage may require a specific vaccine, and only those travelers vaccinated with the requisite vaccine will be considered fully vaccinated.
- Be sure to review your departure country's requirements or consult our guest materials prior to sailing for these requirements.
Booster Vaccine Requirements: Starting March 1st, all vaccinated guests are required to have their booster dose in order to sail with Azamara. All crew members are fully vaccinated, have received booster shots when eligible, and are tested frequently.
Can I have mixed Vaccinations?
Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca.
- Must consist of at least two doses of vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA or the European Medicines Agency.
- The 2 doses must be administered at least 28 days apart
- The final dose must be completed at least 14 days before sailing.
- Mixed vaccines may not be accepted at all ports of call.
- Guests who are vaccinated with a mixed series may not be allowed to go ashore at these ports, or may need to undergo additional testing if they wish to go ashore.
What proof of Vaccinations do I need to bring?
Verified documentation should be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either
- The country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card)
- The guest's medical provider that administered the vaccination. If the original vaccination card is unable to be obtained, electronic proof of vaccination on a government sponsored site/app, will that be accepted as proof of vaccination?
What if I or someone in my party is not able to receive a vaccine?
At this time, Azamara is unable to accommodate any guest who cannot be vaccinated.
- Statement from Azamara: "We understand that receiving a COVID-19 vaccine may not be a possibility for some guests because of medical restrictions or other personal reasons. While we value each of our loyal guests, Azamara is responsible for the collective safety and wellbeing of all who sail aboard our vessels and therefore, at this time, we are unable to accommodate any guest who cannot be vaccinated. Azamara will continue to monitor recommendations by global public health experts."
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Negative COVID-19 Testing Requirements for sailings
You can board with confidence, knowing we’ve enhanced our health and safety standards through our Explore Well at Sea program.
- Prior to boarding, guests are required to show proof of vaccination, complete a health questionnaire and provide a negative SARS-CoV-2 test result.
- Testing at the terminal prior to embarkation and onboard prior to disembarkation will be conducted by licensed and accredited third-party testing providers.
- Once aboard, complimentary COVID-19 testing and medical evaluations will also be available as needed.
- An antigen test that will be administered at the terminal is required for boarding for all guests, regardless of vaccination status.
- At this time, we are not accepting COVID-19 test results from home testing kits.
- We strongly recommend all guests take a COVID-19 test (either antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of boarding to avoid potential denial of boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Following the Vaccination Standard of Excellence guidelines as per the CDC's COVID-19 Voluntary Program, indoor mask wearing although optional, is recommended.
- Masks might be required in the ports of call we visit.
- You'll find the entire ship and boarding process set up to allow for physical distancing, which is encouraged whenever interacting with those outside of your traveling party.
- We will continue to update you as other country requirements become available.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Views on independent exploration by international visitors varies from country to country and even port to port. This remains a very fluid situation. We encourage all guests to explore further on one of our curated and controlled shore excursions, whether that be a small group experience or a private one.
- We encourage all guests to explore on one of our curated and controlled shore excursions, whether that be a small group experience or a private one.
- We’re continually monitoring public health guidelines and will modify policies as new information becomes available and standards evolve.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Every Cruise Line, Every Ship, Every Cabin at the Lowest Price ... guaranteed! Cruise411 has the largest selection of cruise deals for all of the popular cruise lines! Book your next cruise online or call us at 800-553-7090 today.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.