Great news! Paul Gauguin Cruises are back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Need to know information
Steps you need to take prior to boarding.
- More Than 7 Days Prior: Complete the vaccination process.
- 30 to 6 Days Prior: register with the French Polynesian government by filling out an Electronic Travel Information System (ETIS) form online and upload your proof of vaccination; print a receipt and boarding authorization form. To register visit the ETIS website.
- Within 3 Days of Departure: take a Covid-19 RT-PCR test less than 72 hours prior to departure (at guest expense). Please visit Tahiti Tourism for additional details
- Day of Flight: present the ETIS form receipt, your vaccine card, a sworn statement, and the negative results to your Covid-19 RT-PCR
- Arrive Tahiti: complete a rapid (antigen) test at the Faa'a International Airport in Tahiti (at guest expense - paid for on the ETIS website)
- Arrive the m/s Paul Gauguin: present valid proof of vaccination (any guest joining the ship must have completed the vaccination process), negative Covid-19 RT PCR test results (taken within 72 hours of embarkation), and the completed health declaration and health questionnaire forms also sent to you with your cruise documents. If guests are arriving in French Polynesia early and the validity period of the Covid-19 PCR test has expired, please visit The Louis Malarde Institute (ILM) in Papeete prior to embarkation
- While sailing on the m/s Paul Gauguin: Guests will be required to get a Covid-19 rapid (antigen) test midway through their cruise (PGC expense)
- Return Flight: complete a Covid-19 rapid (antigen) test at the Faa'a International Airport in Tahiti (at guests expense)
Paul Gauguin Health & Safety FAQs
Do I need a vaccine to travel on a Paul Gauguin Cruise?
Mandatory and complete vaccination: at least two doses of an authorized vaccine no later than 4 months to seven days before embarkation. Immunity is now acknowledged as a booster if less than 3 months prior to embarking and completed by 2 regular doses of authorized vaccine and if also accepted by the countries of destination and/or transit.
- Most destinations outside the European Union (destination or transit countries) require a complete vaccination schedule of two doses.
- People who received only one injection after recovering from COVID-19 are not considered fully vaccinated.
- Verified documentation of vaccination and negative COVID-19 test will be required at the time of boarding and failure to provide this documentation will result in denial of boarding.
- Authorized vaccines: Pfizer / Moderna / AstraZeneca / Covishield / Sinopharm / Sputnik V / Sinovac / Janssen (one dose of Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) + one dose of Pfizer or Moderna mRNA; the PONANT protocol does not accept only one dose of Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)).
- Guests over 18 years of age who have received their second dose more than six months ago at the time of boarding, a third mRNA dose (Pfizer or Moderna) will be required in order to be able to board (for AstraZeneca, it may be a third AstraZeneca dose). For Johnson & Johnson (Janssen), Sinopharm, Sputnik V, Sinovac the third dose shall be an EMA mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna).
- The six-month limit does not apply to those less than 18 years of age.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Paul Gauguin require guests must utilize provided safety kits and wear a mask while outside of cabin.
- It’s mandatory that crew wear a mask or visor while around guests
Can I get off the ship at port?
The ship tender will be disinfected and passengers will observe reinforced health instructions: social distancing, wearing a mask, barrier gestures, hand disinfection and temperature measurement in order to reboard The Gauguin.
- These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Get your choice of a FREE bonus offer when you book with Cruise411 instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits. Shop now to get the very best rewards and the lowest rates with Cruise411 or call us at 800-553-7090 today.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.