Great news! Ponant Cruise ships is back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Do I need a Vaccine to travel on a Ponant Cruise?
Ponant will require all passengers and crew members over 16 years old to be vaccinated before the cruise. Guests and crew will also need to show proof of a negative PCR test carried out within 72 hours of boarding the ship.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Things to know:
- All passengers who are 17 or older. Passengers under the age of 17 can sail with proof of a negative PCR test for COVID-19.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Vaccinated guests will not be required to wear a facemask or maintain physical distancing while on board. Guests will have to follow all local guidance at the destinations we visit, including testing/health screening, mask wearing, physical distancing and organized/independent activities.
Restaurant layouts have been redesigned and will only offer contactless a la carte dining options. For breakfast and lunch will have continuous service in restaurants with extended time slots.
Things to know:
- All guests should carefully review pre-booking and pre-travel health advice on our website and the website of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Crew members are required to wear a mask or protective visor when in contact with guests.
- Guests will be asked to wear a mask in hallway corridors and will be recommended in public spaces.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Vaccinated guests may participate in Ponant sponsored tours or independent activities.
All guests are required to follow the protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore. These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice. We encourage you to come prepared for potential requirements ashore which may apply to health screening/testing, masks, physical distancing, organized tours/independent activities, etc.
Things to know:
- Shore excursions will be carried out only in regions where the epidemic is under control and in uninhabited areas.
- 6 guests maximum per zodiac
- Zodiacs will be thoroughly disinfected after each stopover.
- Re-boarding after shore excursions will only be permitted after temperature check and disinfection procedures (individuals and personal belongings).
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Health & Safety on the Ship
Guests will be educated about PONANT’s sanitary protocol prior to boarding and prior to boarding, all guests and crew members will have to present a signed doctor’s *medical form, complete a health questionnaire and undergo a health check and screening by the ship’s medical staff.
Things to know:
- Guests will be denied boarding by PONANT medical team IF:
- Test results are positive
- Test results are older than 48 hours (another alternative is possible)
- Confinement declared not implemented
- Mandatory confinement after PCR test is not respected
- Temperature >100.4 or symptoms detected
- All luggage will pass through a disinfecting zone by sanitizing mist or UV lamps.
- Surgical and cloth masks, disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer bottles will be provided to passengers
- Disinfection of food products and supplies by misting, chlorine bath or solution, high pressure steam or peroxide product.
- Ventilated air will be renewed in the common areas at least five times per hour.
- Virus removal using ventilated processing units equipped with UV sterilizations system.
- Thanks to large investments over several years, PONANT has some of the most complete and renowned onboard medical centers in the world of cruising.
- Each vessel is equipped with advanced hospital equipment, including mobile laboratory terminals that enable testing on site for infectious or tropical diseases.
- Advanced diagnostic equipment such as ultrasound, radiology and blood biological analysis is available fleet-wide, one doctor and one nurse are present on every sailing.
- All ships will have five vacant staterooms should guests need to isolate.
- Medical team onboard comprised on at least one doctor and one nurse on each cruise trained to risks and protocols and available 24/7.
Cruise411 has the largest selection of cruise deals for all of the popular cruise lines! Book your next cruise today!
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.