Great news! AmaWaterways ships will be back in the water starting in September! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Do I need a vaccine to travel on a AmaWaterways Cruise?
With Covid-related protocols and country entry regulations continuing to evolve, it often creates additional barriers related to unvaccinated travelers that impact our guests’ experience. With that in mind, AmaWaterways will only be welcoming guests fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on board our ships, effective immediately.
Prior to boarding, an online Health and Contact Tracing Questionnaire will be required within 7 days prior to departure. Please note: Boarding will be denied without completing this form prior to your departure.
What COVID-19 Vaccine is accepted?
Guests must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 within at least 14 days after receiving their second dose of Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca or 28 days following a single dose of Johnson & Johnson (based on EMA guidelines). AmaWaterways accepts mixed dosages of these four vaccines.
What proof of Vaccine do I need to provide?
It is critical that you complete the Online Cruise Check-In, informing us of pre- and post-cruise travel plans, flight details and current email address within 30 days prior to departure. In addition, it is extremely important to complete the Health & Contact Screening Questionnaire and upload a copy of the vaccination card no later than 7 days prior to the beginning of their AmaWaterways purchased services.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
At this time, all guests are required to wear face coverings when moving through interior spaces on the ship and while using public transportation on shore, including on our motorcoaches.
Things to know:
- We strongly recommend packing medical grade and/or N95/KN95 masks, as certain countries and sites we visit require their use.
- For your convenience, our onboard gift shops fleetwide will offer a limited supply of medical grade masks at a cost of two euros per pack of five; and N95/KN95 masks at a cost of two euros per individual mask.
- These masks are also widely available in local shops throughout Europe.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Shore excursions will be conducted in small groups. Guests must use hand sanitizers when getting on and off our coaches that are thoroughly cleaned each morning.
Things to know:
- Quietvox system allows you to hear your guide during excursions while permitting comfortable social distancing
- A brand-new set of headphones that plugs into the Quietvox will be provided to you at the beginning of your sailing; you may also bring and use your own personal set of plug-in headphones.
- Guests must use hand sanitizers when getting on and off our coaches that are thoroughly cleaned each morning.
- In the event that ships are docked side by side, guests will be required to pass over Sun Decks.
Health & Safety on the Ship
Ships and terminals will undergo a thorough sanitization between sailings and guests will be encouraged to use the hand-washing sinks and hand sanitizer dispensers at venue entrances and in high-traffic areas throughout the ship. Guests will also be asked to follow health information about the ways to stay healthy on board and when ashore.
The crew will serve you at your table and will be happy to offer you a similar choice of menu items formerly available at our buffets.
Things to know:
- Prior to boarding, an online health and contact screening questionnaire will be required.
- At embarkation, guests’ temperatures will be taken with no-contact infrared thermometers. If, for any reason, further testing is required, shoreside medical treatment centers are within close proximity.
- We will have ample hand sanitizers available throughout the ship and their frequent use is required by all guests and crew.
- Our crew has implemented enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures throughout the ship.
- Special attention will be paid to areas like staircases, public washrooms, armrests in the lounge and guardrails.
- We use hospital-grade disinfectants for continual surface cleaning in public areas.
- Additional deep cleaning will take place throughout the entire ship between each sailing.
- Your designated stateroom steward will clean your stateroom twice daily.
- Bicycles, fitness mats and equipment will be thoroughly sanitized after each use. Use of the Fitness Room is by appointment with cleaning time between use.
- We use state-of-the-art fan coil air conditioning units; there is no recirculating of air on board our ships.
- Each stateroom has its own sophisticated heating/cooling system – a fan coil unit located in the ceiling inside the stateroom above the entry area.
- The main public areas – lounge and restaurants – have their own high-quality air-fog system to continuously ensure clean air.
- On our European ships, there are no air conditioning systems blowing cold air that would circulate throughout the entire ship as you would find in standard air conditioning units.
- Throughout Europe and Asia, we provide a variety of onboard wellness activities led by professionally trained Wellness Hosts. Whenever weather permits, these small-group classes will be held on our spacious open-air Sun Decks.
Cruise411 has the largest selection of cruise deals for all of the popular cruise lines! Book your next cruise today!
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.