Pre-Cruise & Embarkation Day
Health declarations and pre-existing medical requirements.
- All guests will be asked to complete a health declaration questionnaire 72 hours before sailing and online check in will be mandatory.
- We are following all of the latest guidance to evolve our enhanced protocols to protect the health and well-being of guests, crew and the communities we visit once we begin sailing again.
- Unfortunately, when we return we will be unable to accept guests who have the following medical requirements:
- Supplementary oxygen (including via oxygen concentrator)
- Mechanical ventilatory support (except for overnight CPAP for sleep apnea
- Within the 14 days prior to the cruise:
- Have been unwell with confirmed or suspected COVID-19
- Have been in close contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19
- Have been advised to self-isolate under a government Test and Trace system
Enhanced Screening Protocols
- All guests will be subject to testing for Covid-19 in the period before traveling and/or at the cruise terminal.
- If a guest tests positive for Covid-19, or if anyone in their household has any symptoms of Covid-19 or are self-isolating in the days prior to their voyage, they will not be permitted to board the ship.
- Further health screening will be conducted before you board your ship. This will include a review of your health declaration questionnaire, a temperature check and more comprehensive medical screening if required.
- Crew boarding our ships will undergo health screening and testing for Covid-19 before boarding
Responsible Social Distancing
- In the cruise terminal you will be required to adhere to the wearing of face coverings and social distancing, in accordance with all current guidelines.
At the terminal
COVID-19 testing and Future Cruise Credit (FCC) if denied boarding.
- If a guest is unable to cruise due to a positive COVID-19 test within 14 days of sailing, they will be denied boarding.
- If a guest is denied boarding, a Cunard representative will be on hand at the terminal for support.
- Guests who are denied boarding will receive an FCC to the value of the cruise fare and any pre-cruise purchases they had made will be refunded.
- If the affected guest was part of a linked booking, (i.e. traveling with other guests) those guests would also be able to opt for the FCC and refund of the pre-cruise purchases.
Increased Sanitation Measures
- Every area of the ship will be rigorously and regularly cleaned and disinfected We’ll provide additional hand-sanitizing stations
- Added hand sanitizer and hand-washing stations will also be available for your comfort and wellbeing.
- We have enhanced our onboard ventilation systems to provide improved filtration and increased fresh air on board
- You may be asked to pre-reserve a table at our restaurants
- You will only be permitted to dine with your traveling group or household
- Dishes in our buffets and deck grills will be served by our waiting staff
- Our restaurants and bars will allow for social distancing as required
- To enhance our stateroom experience even further, we’ll be introducing an extended complimentary room service menu for you to enjoy.
Responsible Social Distancing
- Everyone on board will need to adhere to the most up-to-date guidance regarding the use of face-coverings and social distancing, which will be in place in all public areas
- We’ll continue to offer a comprehensive program of music, theater and guest speakers on each of our voyages, with measures in place to adhere to the latest wellbeing and social distancing guidance.
- Communal spaces will be operating but will be subject to the latest approved guidance to minimize contact, reduce the number of guests in each area, and maintain the highest levels of cleanliness.
- Social distancing measures will be in place in all public areas. Pre-booking may come into effect for certain activities on our ships.
Enhanced Medical Resources
- We have plans in place, tailored for each ship, to manage medical needs, including dedicated cabin capacity for isolation should this be required
Extended Ship to Shore Safety
- You can still go ashore and explore the amazing ports we visit, initially only with our organized and vetted shore experiences.
- Port transfer and organized shore experience operators will be subject to new policies and procedures to reflect the latest approved guidance in line with our on board protocols, and will comply with all local guidance relating to social distancing and face coverings, which may differ from the guidance in your home country.
- Temperature checks and health screening may be carried out again upon re-boarding the ship.
In Port and Shore Experiences
- Guests can still go ashore to explore the rich variety of ports we visit, and can be reassured that their well-being is protected.
- Port transfer and organized shore experience operators will be subject to new policies and procedures to reflect the latest approved guidance in line with our onboard protocols.
- Unfortunately some of our existing experiences may have to be put on hold at this time if they cannot be run in a COVID-safe environment, but we’re introducing a new range of options.
- Temperature checks and health screening may be carried out again when returning to the ship.
- All guests and crew will need to complete a passenger locator form to adhere to the UK Government’s Track and Trace initiative. Local country initiatives may also apply at the time of sailing.