Great news! Viking Ocean & River Cruise ships are back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Viking Ocean & River Health & Safety FAQs
Do I need a vaccine to travel on a Viking Cruise?
Viking requires all guests and crew to be up to date in their immunization against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to travel. In order to sail with Viking, proof of COVID-19 vaccinations—including booster dose (if eligible)—must be provided. This policy is aligned with current guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)..
Effective for departures beginning February 1, 2022 and until further notice concerning Vaccine Booster Requirement:
- This policy update is aligned with current CDC guidelines and means that to sail with Viking, guests will need to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, and if eligible for a booster dose, must have received their booster at least 14 days prior to travel.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
Do I need to take a Covid Test before Travel?
As a result of the June 10, 2022, announcement by the U.S. that it is eliminating the COVID testing requirement for air travelers to enter the country, Viking has updated its Health & Safety protocols.
Viking highly recommends, but no longer requires, a pre-departure COVID-19 test—unless one is required by the destination.
- As of June 10, 2022, select ocean voyages on the Viking Orion and expedition voyages on the Viking Octantis in the United States and Canada will continue to require a pre-departure COVID-19 test.
Effective immediately, Viking will discontinue all mandatory onboard COVID testing for guests fleetwide.
- Vikingwill continue to provide testing if a guest reports symptoms, requests a test, or if its Medical Team deems necessary.
- Viking’s vaccine requirement for all guests and crew remains in place—and for the time being, its crew will keep testing as needed and will wear masks at all times.
Where can I receive a COVID Test prior to travel if requested by my destination?
- Guests may take their COVID-19 test at any participating drug store (Walgreens, CVC).
- Schedule an appointment with your medical professional or health department.
- Select at-home tests will meet Viking’s travel requirement, provided they include a laboratory-certified proof of result.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Once you receive a negative result from your embarkation PCR test, face masks are optional while moving about the ship. Please note: Viking’s Medical Team continually monitors conditions and may deem face masks to be necessary while moving about the ship, based on conditions at the time of travel.
Can I get off the ship at port?
At this time, we expect to allow independent exploration ashore for departures beginning March 1, 2022 or later. However, please note that Viking’s medical team continues to monitor conditions in all destinations to which we operate and may adjust this policy as necessary at the time of travel.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Get your choice of a FREE bonus offer when you book with Cruise411 instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits. Shop now to get the very best rewards and the lowest rates with Cruise411 or call us at 800-553-7090 today.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.