Great news! Oceania Cruise ships is back the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Oceania Health & Safety FAQs
Am I required to test for Covid prior to traveling?
All guests will need to arrive at the embarkation terminal with a negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test result from a third-party verified laboratory or pharmacy, taken within 48 hours of arriving to the terminal for cruises beginning in a U.S. port or within 72 hours for all other cruises
- All guests must provide proof of a negative test result at embarkation in a digital or printed format.
- Guests not in possession of a negative, third-party Covid-19 test result will not be allowed to embark for the voyage.
- Test result documentation must be provided in English and must include the following information:
- Your name, which should match the name on your travel documents
- Your date of birth
- The result of the test
- The date the test sample was collected
- The name of the test provider
- Confirmation of the type of test provided
- Oceania has partnered with Inspire Diagnostics to provide a proctored, in-home antigen testing. Order your test: Antigen Test Kit: $40 USD, PCR Test Kit: $95 USD
Do I need a Vaccine to travel on an Oceania Cruise?
Oceania will require all passengers and crew members are required to be fully vaccinated at least 2 week prior to embarkation. Guests and crew will also need to show proof of a negative PCR test carried out within 72 hours of boarding the ship.
- All guests will undergo pre-embarkation health screening including an enhanced health questionnaire and touchless temperature check.
- We’ve designed an enhanced, staggered embarkation process and new check-in system to streamline check in for guests by allowing documents to be signed electronically.
- Additionally, embarkation terminals will be disinfected continuously, and where possible, fogged before and after each embarkation and debarkation
What Vaccines will be Accepted?
- Any FDA/EMA/WHO authorized single brand vaccination protocol ≥2 weeks after receipt of the final dose.
- I.e. J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford (Vaxzevria & CoviShield), etc.
- A mixed vaccination combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO Emergency Use Listed (EUL) COVID-19 twodose series with a minimum interval of 17 days.
- Note: Individuals receiving a Janssen COVID-19 vaccine before or after another COVID-19 vaccine are considered fully vaccinated against COVID19 ≥2 weeks after receipt of the single dose of the Janssen vaccine.
Do I need a Booster to travel?
Any guest whose primary COVID-19 vaccination will be beyond 270 days at the time of disembarkation from their voyage must have a COVID-19 “booster” at least 14 days prior to embarkation.
What documents will be required to show proof of vaccination and when do we provide them?
Guests must acknowledge vaccination status prior to their sailing and bring proof of vaccination to the terminal for their cruise.
- Proof must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either the country’s health authority that administered the vaccine or the guest’s medical provider that completed the vaccine administration.
- Electronic vaccination records will be accepted for residents of countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form.
- Communication regarding proof of vaccination submission will be sent to all booked guests within the 30 days prior to setting sail.
Please Note: Photos of Physical Vaccination Card Will Not Be Accepted
Are children allowed to sail on your ships if they are not vaccinated?
The safety and security of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit is our number one priority. In order to provide the safest cruise experience possible, all guests and crew will need to be fully vaccinated for all sailings.
Therefore, minors who have not yet been eligible to be vaccinated will not be permitted to sail. Minors who have been fully vaccinated are welcome to sail. We look forward to the day when we can safely welcome all guests of all ages back on board our ships, when the public health environment allows us to modify our protocols accordingly
Will guests who are recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies still be required to be vaccinated?
Yes, all guests and crew will be required to be fully vaccinated even if they have antibodies from prior infections, regardless of the guest’s citizenship and their local government’s regulations.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
- As a general rule, for all voyages calling in Italian and Greek ports, guests must wear face masks at all times when outside of their stateroom or suite except when actively eating or drinking while the vessel is in port. Italian regulations mandate that guests wear a medical grade KN95 or FFP2 face mask.
- For all other voyages, face coverings remain optional for guests. We continue to strongly recommend that all guests wear face coverings when outside of their accommodations.
- Our Officers and Crew will continue to remain masked at all times.
- It is strongly recommend all guests travel with an adequate supply of medical grade masks, commonly known as surgical masks, FFP2 masks, or KN-95 masks. Should you require additional masks while traveling, all ships will be adequately stocked.
Can I explore on my own while in port?
As delivering the best experience for our guests is always a top priority, and after working closely with our destination partners, Oceania anticipates that guests will be free to explore certain ports of call on their own. Guests are asked to be mindful that this is largely dependent on the local health authorities and the evolving regulations, which are subject to change. In order to keep guests as safe as possible, it is highly recommend taking Oceania organized shore excursions as a more controlled environment for you to enjoy your time in each of the destinations.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Get your choice of a FREE bonus offer when you book with Cruise411 instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits. Shop now to get the very best rewards and the lowest rates with Cruise411 or call us at 800-553-7090 today.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.