Pre-Cruise & Embarkation Day
Itinerary Monitoring & Optimizations
- We are constantly monitoring the world health map and modifying itineraries to impacted areas. Our team is tracking world health developments 24 hours a day from our state-of-the-art Fleet Operations Center in Santa Clarita, CA, and from our offices around the world. We are in close contact with government health authorities and medical experts. Please bear in mind that:
- Some destinations may restrict or deny entry to ships carrying any person with symptoms of illness, even if they symptoms do not meet the criteria set by world health experts including the CDC and WHO. Princess will comply with all requirements.
- We will make every effort to inform you of any new local policies as soon as possible.
- In some cases, we may choose to replace a port until we get a clear policy, rather than risk a situation where we could be turned away without cause.
Enhanced Screening Protocols
- Guests and crew will be required to complete a written health declaration prior to boarding which will screen for COVID and advise of obligation to report symptoms of illness.
- Please note that given the serious nature of the circumstance, false responses on documents will results in immediate disembarkation at the next opportunity and may result in additional legal consequences.
- Certain individuals will only be permitted to board based on successful secondary screening results. Secondary screening will be conducted by the medial staff in the terminal prior to embarkation.
- We will refer anyone with signs and symptoms of COVID-19 for additional medical screening and testing before allowing to board
- All guests and crew will be required to participate in mandatory health screenings that will include thermal scanning to check temperatures.
- Guests and crew with symptoms of illness will be denied boarding. Guests who are unable to sail because of failure to meet the following criteria will be issued a full cruise credit or refund.
- If you have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or a person under monitoring for COVID-19.
- If you are suffering from fever or flu-like symptoms.
Increased Sanitation Measures
- All terminals will be thoroughly sanitized before and after each embarkation.
Responsible Social Distancing
- TrulyTouchless™ Embarkation. Faster, contactless boarding is yours when you get OceanReady®. Receive your Medallion® before you leave home and use the app to fill out your pre-cruise health questionnaire.* You’ll then be able to select your preferred time to arrive at the port to help stagger boarding.
- Physical distancing will be maintained throughout check-in and embarkation.
- Your stateroom door will even unlock as you approach.
- We’ve streamlined the traditional safety drill to make it more convenient and crowd-free.
- Watch the required safety video anytime on embarkation day and anywhere, thanks to your MedallionClass app, or on your stateroom TV.
- Visit your muster station during select hours prior to your sailing and check in your medallion with a crew member - this way, you'll know exactly where to go in case of an emergency.
Increased Sanitization Measures
- In addition to our existing rigorous daily cleaning regimen, we are establishing supplementary sanitation and cleaning measures on board all Princess ships. This includes more frequent sanitization of all frequently hand-touched surfaces in public areas, from tables and chairs to casino chips and fitness machines.
- We use hospital-grade disinfectant solutions known to immediately kill all traces of COVID-19 in public areas and when cleaning guest and crew staterooms.
- We will be actively enforcing hand-washing and/or the use of hand sanitizer at the entrance of all guest and crew dining venues.
- We are also adding additional sanitizer dispensers in high-traffic areas around the ship.
- Daily Health Advisory and televised healthy tips will be communicated to all guests.
- There will be an increase in onboard supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) supplies.
- All public lounges and restroom doors will be propped open to reduce door handle touchpoints.
- We’re maximizing fresh air and enhancing air filtration by upgrading our ships’ HVAC systems to MERV 13 filters that remove a large portion of airborne particles, following the highest CDC guidance.
- Air is replaced throughout public spaces and staterooms every five to six minutes.
- We’re adding HEPA filtration systems to key areas such as medical centers and isolation rooms.
- When it comes to meals, there will be no self-service. We'll do the serving for you.
- Wherever possible, staff serves guest and crew food stations, including the buffet and ice cream machines.
- Where not possible due to layout restrictions, dedicated personnel are posted to monitor these stations and ensure they are cleaned and sanitized in a timely manner.
- In any self-service areas that remain, serving utensils will be replaced on a frequent basis.
- Hand-washing sinks and/or hand sanitizer dispensers are available at the entrances to all dining room and buffet facilities. Outgoing and friendly staff will monitor hand washing stations and direct guests to wash hands before entering.
- Stateroom surfaces and fixtures are thoroughly cleaned up to twice daily with particular attention to bathrooms and surfaces frequently touched.
- The temperature in washers and dryers has been increased for enhanced disinfection of laundered goods, including bedding, tablecloths, towels, napkins etc.
Responsible Social Distancing
- Where and when physical distancing cannot be maintained, guests will be required to wear masks.
- On MedallionClass ships get a real-time view of attendance in lounges, theaters and other areas, and bookmark activities of interest, noting attendance limits.
- Purchase anything on board without handling cash or cards using touch-free technology, courtesy of MedallionPay™.
- With OceanNow®, you can control physical distancing like never before. Order wherever you are, and the food, drinks and items from our shops will find you, even if you move.
- Access entertainment and casino gaming through the MedallionClass app on your smart device.
- Our crew will undergo daily health screenings and frequent testing.
Enhanced Medical Resources
We're equipping the Medical Center and staff on board with what they need to handle potential issues:
- COVID-19 testing on all our ships and/or use of laboratories ashore
- Every Princess ship sails with a highly capable Medical Team. Our doctors and nurses have received special training on COVID-19.
- Supported by medical experts through telemedicine services
- Outpatient and inpatient facilities, including critical care
- Medication known to improve outcomes for COVID-19
- Medical centers and staterooms identified for those in isolation equipped with HEPA air filtration
- Partnerships with local and regional medical providers
- Any individual experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness will be encouraged to visit the Medical Center for a complimentary medical consultation and, if appropriate, screening for COVID-19.
Enhanced Health & Safety Trainings and Continued Education for Crew Members
- We are raising crew awareness of how to maintain a healthy environment on board by providing daily health communications that reinforce frequent hand-washing, avoiding hand contact and more.
- We are helping our crew recognize the symptoms of COVID-19 and asking them to report any signs of guest or crew illness to the Medical Center.
Extended Ship to Shore Safety
- We are working with local health authorities and government officials in the destinations we visit to make sure our health measures align with theirs.
- We’ll follow the health protocols for every port we visit, sanitize transportation and may reduce capacity on shore excursions.