Passengers can either show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test (either PCR or rapid) taken within 72 hours of sailing.
Pre-Cruise & Embarkation Day
Enhanced Screening Protocols
- All guests must complete a health screening prior to embarkation.
Increased Sanitization Measures
- Gloves, face masks and small bottles of hand sanitizer will be readily available for each guest.
- All guests and crew are required to sanitize their hands when entering public spaces, when coming back onboard the ship each day, and before each meal.
- Housekeeping staff will disinfect all public area touch points and hot spots throughout the day, including all handrails and door handles.
- Disinfectant wipes are available throughout the ship, including at coffee stations and in the public restrooms.
- Any onboard payments are processed using a contactless payment method and credit card machines will be wiped after each pin entry.
- All coffee table books, magazines and brochures have been removed from public use. Guests will be able to access these reading materials via our complimentary PressReader app on their mobile devices.
- Crew will wash their hands frequently when handling guest luggage. Disembarkation luggage is kept separate from embarkation luggage to avoid cross-contamination.
- All meals are now served by culinary and waitstaff, with no self-service allowed during buffets.
- All restaurant dining now has reserved seating, with guests at the same table, with the same people, each day.
- To limit the total number of guests in a restaurant at a time, we’ve introduced two seating times for each meal.
- Items that are usually shared, like bread and butter, are now served to each person individually.
- All touch points, like chairs and salt and pepper shakers, are immediately disinfected after each seating.
- Fruits, cookies, chips, nuts, candies or other treats are now served to individual guests by the crew only. These treats are no longer available for self-service.
- All staterooms and suites are thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis.
- All air-conditioning filters are cleaned and disinfected on each embarkation day before rooming takes place.
- Umbrellas are now only available in rooms for individual use, with no shared umbrella stands in public areas.
- In-room chocolate candy bowls are replaced at the end/beginning of each cruise.
- Key card scanners with facial recognition are utilized at the gangway.
- All deliveries are thoroughly inspected before being brought onboard.
Enhanced Health & Safety Trainings and Continued Education for Crew Members
- All crew receives professional health and hygiene training (HACCP) by an external consultant before each ship begins its sailing season, including training on how to look for symptoms.
- All crew strictly adhere to social distancing requirements.
- All crew undergo regular health screenings and are quarantined immediately if symptoms are present.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available and mandated for use in all crew areas.
- Crew quarters, public and private, are sanitized regularly.
- All crew meals are served, with no self-service allowed.
Extended Ship to Shore Safety
- All buses are cleaned and wiped with disinfectant before each use.
- The maximum occupancy per bus has been adjusted to reduce the total number of people together at one time.
- Face masks are also available on the buses, in addition to the staterooms.
- Vox boxes are sanitized prior to embarkation and after each excursion.
**Note: Health and safety features may vary on ships not owned and operated by Uniworld for certain non-European itineraries. Nonetheless, ships not owned and operated by Uniworld do adhere to high standards for sanitization and safety.