Silversea Health & Safety FAQs
Starting September 5, 2022, Silversea will accept unvaccinated guests on board selected destination. (As allowed by the vessel operating country). Main impacted changes are the EU, Northern Europe and the U.S. ( Excluding U.S. sailing including Canada)
- For the applicable voyages, All unvaccinated guests will be required to show a negative Antigen or PCR test before being allowed to embark. (Time frame will vary depending on vessel operating country and local regulation)
- Guests with valid vaccines certificates and/or up-to-date guests may be exempted from testing, depending on the voyage.
Sailing from US/Caribbean:
- Fully vaccinated guests are no longer required to test before embarkation.
Unvaccinated guests are required to show evidence of a negative Antigen test 72 hours before embarkation.
- Please note: Sailing from the US - Only unvaccinated guests that reside in the US can embark on a vessel. To enter the US by air or sea you have to be Fully Vaccinated.
Sailing from Northern Europe:
- Guests with valid vaccine certificates (primary series within 270 day or has a booster) are no longer required to test before embarkation.
- Unvaccinated guests are required to show evidence of a negative Antigen test 48 hours before embarkation or a PCR test 72 hours before embarkation.
Sailing from EU:
- VOYAGES EMBARKING IN THE E.U. THAT DO NOT VISIT GREECE
- Guests with valid vaccine certificates (primary series within 270 days or has a booster) are no longer required to test before embarkation
- Unvaccinated guests must show evidence of a negative Antigen test 48 hours before embarkation or a PCR test 72 hours before embarkation.
- VOYAGES EMBARKING IN THE E.U. THAT VISIT GREECE
- All guests regardless of their vaccinate status (with valid vaccine certificates or unvaccinated) have to present a negative Antigen test within 48 hours before embarkation. This is due to the cruise visiting Greece and as requested by local health authorities.
- VOYAGES EMBARKING IN THE PIRAEUS ONLY
- All guests regardless of their vaccinate status (with valid vaccine certificates or unvaccinated) have to present a negative Antigen test within 48 hours before embarkation. The test must be administered by a certified laboratory. Any other tests such as self-test kits or procedures via a telehealth provider will be rejected by Greek authorities.
Do I need a Vaccine to travel on a Silversea Cruise?
For voyages that begin through September 4, 2022, all guests and crew must be fully vaccinated, at least 2 weeks prior to embarkation, in order to board the vessel.
Do I need to take a COVID test to board a Silversea cruise?
Where tests are required, all guests must provide proof of a negative test result (printed or digital) at embarkation and should travel with a copy of their test result. Guests participating in any Silversea Cruises pre-cruise land program will receive complimentary testing.
Do I need to wear a mask?
The wearing of masks during the cruise will be at each guest’s discretion, with the exception of the casino, the theatre, and during muster drills where masks remain mandatory. Masks are mandatory inside shore excursion buses and you may be required to wear them at indoor venues. Whilst we recognise that the wearing of a mask is a personal choice, we do strongly encourage our guests to wear a mask whilst indoors aboard ship, other than when actively eating or drinking, or when in the privacy of your suite. Note that the Staff and Crew aboard all our ships will continue to wear masks for the foreseeable future.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Our itineraries have been revised to include only low-risk destinations with approved contingency plans.
In accordance with the EU Healthy Gateways, guests wishing to go ashore in port will only be allowed to do so with a verified shore excursion party. These verified shore excursions ensure that all Silversea health and safety measures are met, including mandatory testing of all tour guides.
- As a reminder, one excursion per port per day is already included in the cruise fare and can be selected from our ‘included shore excursions’ selection.
- These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Cruise411 has the largest selection of cruise deals for all of the popular cruise lines! Book your next cruise today!
Get your choice of a FREE bonus offer when you book with Cruise411 instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits. Shop now to get the very best rewards and the lowest rates with Cruise411or call 800-553-7090.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.