Updated Cancellation Policy
We hope that you and your families are all well and adapting to the increased health and safety restrictions, required to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
As the situation continues to escalate at a rapid rate in many countries, with Government lockdowns, travel restrictions and border closures, it has become impossible for us to operate our scheduled departures. This has required the temporary suspension of all Scenic Group (including Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours, Emerald Cruises and Evergreen Cruises & Tours) operations for land tours, river and ocean cruises, up to and inclusive of 30 June 2020 and for all Oberammergau 2020 departures.
Our flexible policy for guests with bookings departing from 1 May to 30 June 2020:
To support your future travel plans, Scenic Group will be providing a Future Travel Credit for suspended departures.
If you hold a river or ocean cruise reservation during this period, Scenic will provide:
- A 110% Future Travel Credit for the full value of your Scenic booking, to re-book and travel by 31 December 2022
If you hold a land tour (including Egypt cruise tours) reservation during this period, Scenic will provide:
- A 100% Future Travel Credit for the full value of your Scenic booking, to re-book and travel by 31 December 2022
The flexible conditions for your Future Travel Credit are as follows:
- Valid for travel commenced through to 31 December 2022
- This can be applied to any booking within the Scenic Group (Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours, Emerald Cruises and Evergreen Cruises & Tours)
- The credit can be applied to any existing booking or when re-booking your future travel
- Is fully transferrable to another guest
- Upon the expiry of the Future Travel Credit voucher on 31 December 2022, guests who are unable to travel may request a cash refund equal to the amount paid
- Member of USTOA providing $1 Million Travelers Assistance Program coverage
Our flexible policy for guests with Oberammergau bookings departing in 2020:
The local authorities in Oberammergau have postponed the Passion Play until the summer of 2022 and we are waiting for the new dates to be confirmed.
If you have booked a Scenic river cruise and Oberammergau land package, then the following options apply:
- You can move your current 2020 booking and reserve a comparable 2022 Scenic river cruise, same suite category, with the Oberammergau land package at the 2020 pricing, or
- You can move to a 110% Future Travel Credit for the full value of your Scenic booking, to re-book and travel on any Scenic river cruise up to 31 December 2022
- We are working closely with the Oberammergau organisation to arrange a 2022 river cruise itinerary including the Passion Play. These details will be communicated directly to guests and their travel agents as soon as they are available.
Our flexible booking and cancellation policy for guests with bookings departing from 1 July to 31 December 2020:
All guests with a booking to depart from 1 July 2020 and guests considering a booking after that date, have the option to transfer their booking to an alternate date without a Scenic fee, up to 30 days prior to departure. Scenic will waive all cancellation fees with the value of the booking applied as a Future Travel Credit and we will review the timing for the full payment when re-booking. Please note, if you choose to cancel there may be third party fees applicable, which will be at the guests own expense.
This allows guests more time to make decisions about their future travel plans. This policy will apply to all brands within the Scenic Group: Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours, Scenic Eclipse, Emerald Cruises and Evergreen Cruises & Tours.
Most governments have implemented strict travel restrictions and border controls that limit the arrival of people who have travelled, visited or transited through other countries, beyond those currently within the Scenic Group policy as outlined above.
We will continue to monitor the changing global situation and remain committed to doing our best to assist with your concerns and adjusting travel plans.
On behalf of the Scenic team, we are here to support you during this challenging time and we look forward to exploring our precious world with you again very soon.
*Note: policy subject to change at any time