Update: June 6, 2019 @ 10:30 a.m.
As you know, yesterday the United States government announced new and immediate travel restrictions to Cuba. Effective on June 5, 2019, we are no longer permitted to call to the country and will begin modifying the itineraries for all previously scheduled Cuba sailings. Amended itineraries will be communicated in the coming days.
Sailings through and including September 2, 2019
Guests booked on cruises to Cuba through September 2, 2019 have two options:
- Sail the revised itinerary receive a 50% refund of the cruise fare paid as well as a 50% future cruise credit valid through December 31, 2020.
- Cancel the booking and receive a full refund. If guests choose this option, we must be notified no later than June 11, 2019, midnight EST.
Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment. This process will be automatic and requires no action from you.
- We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this unforeseen change. Standard cancellation policies apply for those guests who choose not to sail.
- Visa fees arranged through Norwegian Cruise Line will be refunded and government taxes and fees will be adjusted accordingly.
- Any shore excursions purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line for Cuba will be automatically refunded and posted to your onboard account for June 3 departure or refunded to original form of payment for other sailings.
- Future Cruise Credits will be attached to your Latitudes profile and are fully commissionable at time of redemption as per our Company’s standard policy.
Sailings beyond September 2, 2019
- Norwegian Sky and Norwegian Sun Cuba sailings beyond September 2, 2019 will be automatically cancelled.
- New itineraries will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment.
- For those guests impacted by these auto-cancellations, we are offering a 20% discount (off current cruise fare) on any new bookings on future sailings booked by August 5, 2019 and sailing no later than December 31, 2020.
We understand the disappointment and frustration this unexpected and last-minute change has caused you. Like you, we were surprised by this sudden modification to policy. We thank you for your patience and continued support as we navigate through this recent development.
We do look forward to welcoming you on board again soon and providing an exceptional vacation experience. With our world-class team, our innovative fleet and over 300 destinations to visit, we know you will have the vacation of a lifetime no matter the destination.